Bingo - Held every Thursday at St. Francis Xavier parish hall in Dyersville from 7pm to 10pm.
Chair-ity Fundraiser at James Kennedy Public Library - Put your creative talents to work for this fundraiser for the library! Pick up a wooden chair from the library, decorate the item any way you like, and return it to the library by October 17th. If you have a wooden chair or other item you want to use you can, but it must be wooden please! Chairs will be displayed in the library and a silent auction will be held October 17th through November 13th. All proceeds will be used to improve library services and collections.
Wednesday October 5th - 12:15pm-12:45pm (monthly on the first Wednesday until November 3rd) - Join Horticulture Educator, Laura Klavitter, and her team of talented Master Gardeners and Dubuque area growers to discover what is happening in the garden each month over your lunch break! We will cover a new topic every month, providing a "snap-shot" of things to consider when planning, planting, and maintaining your garden from season to season.
Tuesday/Thursday - Every Tuesday and Thursday come play progressive euchre at the Dyersville Senior Center from 9-11am. Cost is only a quarter, and prizes are given away. Also, every Wednesday from 9:30-11am come play bingo at the Dyersville Senior Center. Cost is .50 for a set of four, prizes are given away.
October 28th - Be a part of the Relay For Life Pink Out Day on Friday, October 28th. Many local businesses are giving deals or making donations to the Dyersville Area Relay For Life so don't forget to wear pink!
Monticello Farmers Market @ Willow Shelter (next to Pizza Ranch)
Wednesday's 3:00-5:30 p.m. Saturday's 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Fall is coming. Soon it will be soup, stew and casserole season. Come by the market and stock your freezer with vegetables for winter cooking. The last market of the season is October 26th!
Monticello Public Library Pumpkin Decorating Contest
- Entries accepted Monday, October 10th - Tuesday, October 18th (no late entries accepted)
- All ages, including groups may enter. Children, adults, families, businesses and service groups are welcome to submit an entry
- ABSOLUTELY NO CARVED PUMPKINS - carved pumpkins will rot, attract bugs and smell before they can be voted on
- Pumpkins may be painted, colored on with permanent marker or have items glued to it. Let your creativity soar!
- No political messages or advertising may be on the pumpkins
- This is a family event, pumpkins in poor taste may not be accepted
- Please do not put your name anywhere on your pumpkin. When you bring your pumpkin in an entry form will need to be filled out and your entry will receive a number
- Three grand prize winners will receive Monticello Chamber Bucks & will be named during Treats on the Streets
- Pumpkin entries should be picked up by Saturday, October 29th at 3:00pm or they will be disposed of by library staff
Stop in to vote for your favorite pumpkin Wednesday, October 19th - Wednesday, October 26th.
Saturday, October 15th (10am-12pm) Pumpkin Decorating Time in the library.
Pumpkins will be available to purchase for $2 and we will have some supplies available (tempera paint, permanent markers, foam shapes & modge podge). You are welcome to bring your own supplies to decorate a pumpkin.
October 27th - Treats on the Streets will be from 5pm-7pm at participating businesses along 1st Street.